Medina Community Clinic
POSITION TITLE: Medical Care Access Patient Navigator STATUS: Salaried
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, Medina Community Clinic DEPARTMENT: Health
- To find uninsured and underserved patients who need medical care that can be coordinated by Medina Community Clinic.
- Navigators help coordinate patient healthcare and connect patients with community resources and physicians.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Patient Care Navigator (PCN) has several different responsibilities when it comes to providing patients with access to quality care. The PCN coordinates patient-centered care which ensures that patients feel comfortable and understand their medical needs. Navigators are there to educate and guide patients in an efficient and simple manner.
- Identify client needs in terms of access to healthcare, and any barriers to a treatment plan
- Coordinating appointments with providers to ensure timely delivery of diagnostic and treatment services.
- Facilitating the process for charity care for uninsured patients.
- Maintaining communication with patients and the health care providers.
- Ensuring that appropriate medical records are available at scheduled appointments.
- Arranging transportation if needed.
- Encourage patients to comply with treatment goals and routinely review their progress toward these goals.
- Educate and explain to patients how to follow the prescribed care plan.
- High School Graduate or equivalent. Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a health care setting.
- Knowledge of HMO/Managed Care Insurance plans
- Knowledge of simple medical terminology
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to work independently, effectively and professionally
- Spanish and English bilingual preferred
Valid NJ Driver’s License required
HOURS OF WORK
Work hours a minimum of 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend availability for operational and special events for Medina Community Clinic is necessary.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed in an office, clinic, or community environment.
Travel required (must have own transportation/insurance, mileage reimbursement will be provided)
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 609.270.5067